Del.icio.us just got picked up by Yahoo! and it really was my second favorite web 2.0 site, but there are many more great sites that people should try. This is just a short list of sites that I like, and most likely there are more I am forgetting:
These are in no particular order:
- eHub - have to start here because this is the place where I picked most of these from
- Odeo - best place for podcasting, I use it mainly to stream podcasts.
- Last.fm - not necessarily my favorite site, but I would definitely like it more if I had more time, you can look me up on Last.fm my login is jfromak, and yes I do like Wolf Parade that much
- YouSendIt - Send huge files over the net
- AllYourWords - Cool concept, but I think it's a dangerous playground for spammers
- Springdoo - send email through voice. Something I've wanted for awhile.
- Judy's Book - Yeah it competes with Lopico, but I like it (they have way more money).
- Squidoo - Seth Godin doesn't like Akron, so I don't like him, but I agree that this type of niche search is the future of the net. Not sure that this is exactly what I'm thinking of but it's a start.
- Meebo - AIM always seems to act up on my pcs, I now use Meebo with no problems.
- Ning - I don't use it, but I like the idea and I'm looking forward to the apps people create.
- Digg - I might not be a geek if it weren't for Digg.
- Flock - still a little hesitant, but liking it more.
- Netvibes - Great alternative to a big 3 homepage.
- Cityfeeds - Good idea, needs more cities.
- Riffs - Pretty cool app, but no clear sense of focus.
- Instant Domain Search - I just like playing with this.
- Lopico - well of course.